Sunday, March 13, 2011

Azuthai

photo credit: Google photos
I made plans to meet up with one of my oldest and dearest friend T at Azuthai, but because of conflicts on our schedules we postponed it so many times that I thought it was never going to happen.


We are such a fan of bargains that we just had to get this great deal from cashcashpinoy.  P1999 for a nine course tasting menu that is good for 4 people with a bottle of red wine, that is less than P500 each!  Because of scheduling problems we had such a hard time looking for 2 more friends to go with us. We were able to invite 2 more friends to go with us at the last minute and 3 more  friends dropped by.  So what was originally a small meal for 4 people needed to be stretched to 7.  Needless to say, I was worried that the food would not be enough. So I was pleasantly surprised that Azuthai's had very generous portions of their tasting menu.
nuts
 This isn't part of the menu, it's the complimentary nuts they serve.  My friend RM loved this.  Nuts were seasoned with herbs and spices. 

Yam Som O
 Pomelo salad with prawns topped with nuts and a lime dressing.

Tod Man Pla
 Fish cake with a sweet and spicy dipping sauce.  A little to oily for my taste.

Satay Gai
Chicken Satay with peanut dipping sauce and a cucumber atchara.  I found the chicken to be a little dry and bland. 
Tom Yum Goong
 Hot and sour prawn soup with lemongrass, keffir and coriander.  Tasted like a very tasty and good prawn sinigang.  I liked it....and I don't even like prawn sinigang!

Pad Thai
Thai style fried rice noodles with shrimp, tofu, beansprouts, and peanuts.
Gai Thod
 Fried chicken served with crispy shallots and sweet spicy dipping sauce. 
Khao Kapi
 Bagoong fried rice with sweet pork, green mango, long beans, eggs, and shallots.

Pla Naeng Ma Naw
Steamed whole boneless apahap with lime, fish sauce, garlic, coriander and chili.  This was clearly the star of the show.  Beautifully deboned fish with a nice balance of flavors.  Light and refreshing.  I would gladly go back for this dish alone.

Ruamit
Thai-style halo-halo with young coconut, jackfruit, sago, waterchestnuts and fresh coconut milk. 

I'm not much of a wine drinker but I liked this.  Too bad I had to drive home after so I only had one glass.


Azuthai Restaurant
G/F Milkyway Bldg
900 Arnaiz Ave cor Paseo de Roxas
Makati
+632 813 0671 or +632 8176252

No comments:

Post a Comment