Saturday, September 24, 2011

Theo & Philo Artisan Chocolates



Theo and Philo chocolates got my attention when a mentor was raving about having tried out the green mango and salt chocolate on his facebook page.  And for a person who was obsessed about the different flavors of Kitkat available in Japan, there was no way I was going to let this pass.



Proudly Philippine made, the chocolate is sourced straight from Davao farmers and the sugar from Bacolod.  Because each batch of chocolates is produced only in small quantities, I had a hard time looking for these babies.  Luckily, I found them available at Serendra's Echostore for about P95 each.


First bar I tried was the chocolate with labuyo (bird's eye chili).  Pretty interesting. There were small pockets of heat in every bite.

Calamansi
Next I tried was the chocolate with calamansi.  It's basically chocolate mixed in with calamansi peel.  Pretty original and has an appeal to it.  But it didn't really give me that wow factor.

Green Mango & Salt
The third and last bar I tried was the Green mango and salt variant.  Now most of us love the combination of salty and sweet.  And we  know that a little salt on dark chocolates would level up the flavor.  But green mango????  You either have to be a genius or a crazy person to come up with this idea.  Who would have thought of combining little bits of green mango on dark chocolates?  I am pretty much stumped  on how to describe this.  I guess it's one of those things that you'd either love or hate.  No in betweens here.  As for me. I love it.



To learn more about Theo & Philo you can go to their website http://theoandphilo.com/index.htm.



No comments:

Post a Comment