Friday, January 28, 2011

Kiss The Cook

photo credit: Kiss The Cook FB page

I have been wanting to go back to Kiss the Cook along Maginhawa St in Quezon City for some months now but I just haven't been able to find the time until recently.

I first visited this cozy restaurant about 5 months ago. We only ordered dessert since we already had lunch at another restaurant nearby.
Queso de Bola Cheesecake, P285
Good but very heavy.

Frozen Yoghurt, P120
Locally made yogurt.  You can choose your flavors. Ours were Benguet Strawberry, Real Vanilla Bean and Pistachio. Other flavors that were available then were mango and chocolate.

Trufette, P180
A very highly recommended dessert.  Dark chocolate gelato nugget topped with cherries and Bailey's cream.  You will definitely kiss the cook once you've tasted this. 

So with my new friend in tow, 5 months after my initial visit to this restaurant, I revisited them to try out their other offerings.
French Onion Soup, P135


One of their bestsellers.  Caramelized onions in a beef brandy broth, topped with bread and manchego cheese.
Vegetarian French onion Soup, P125
Nice and lovely.  I wouldn't have been the wiser if I didn't know it was vegetarian.

21 Day Aged Steak, P750
Aged steak served with a generous serving of garlic mashed potato with a red wine shitake reduction and side salad.  Judging from my friend's clean plate, I would say this was a winner.

Grilled Afghan Chicken, P225
Grilled Chicken with a creamy corn korma sauce, side salad and rice.  I found this dish interesting but the chicken was a bit on the dry side.

Strawberry Panna Cotta, P120
Panna Cotta topped with strawberry amaretto sauce and a cherry.  Nice and light.

Kiss The Cook Gourmet
65 Maginhawa Street, UP Village, Diliman, Quezon City
Email:kissthecookgourmet@gmail.com
Phone:02.434.3700
Website:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kiss-the-C...

No comments:

Post a Comment