Monday, April 18, 2011

Le Ching Too

One of my favorite restaurants since I was in school, some xx years ago, was Le Ching.  Cheap, filling and tasty is always a very good combination.  So this is where I ended up in, with my good friend L, one Sunday night after a super hot and tiring day of running around Manila, Pasay and Greenhills.

I always order the spareribs rice topping, a favorite comfort food of mine since way back when, but unfortunately it was out of stock. 

hakaw /steamed shrimp dumplings
Hakaw, one of my favorite food of all time.  I never fail to order this whenever I am in any Chinese restaurants.  Unfortunately the rice wrapping for this hakaw was too thick.  I also think that it was left in the steamer for too long that it has become rubbery.  The filling, though, was still good.

Chicken and Mushroom Rice Topping
I think one of Le Ching's strong points is that throughout the years and many branches later,  the taste of their food has remained consistent.  My chicken and mushroom topping ( the only thing left available on the menu) had the same taste as I remembered way back when.  They even serve them on the same metal bowls I remembered from the past.  I am mightily glad that some people still believe that not all change is good, and I hope that 10 or so years from now, I can still walk into a Le Ching branch and have the same rice topping as I had when I was still a kid.

Le Ching Tea House
Shoppesville Arcade
Greenhills Shopping Center
San Juan
721-3179, 726-3677

Ground Level, U.P. Ayala Land Technohub
Commonwealth Ave., Diliman
Quezon City

888 Banawe St.,
cor.,
Del Monte Ave, Qc

Trinoma Food Choices,
M2 Level,
QC

Timog Ave,
between Panay ave & Quezon Ave
Quezon City

No comments:

Post a Comment