Thursday, May 12, 2011

Chef Dogan

Nestled among the small restaurants and shops along Katipunan Ave,  I have been curious to try this small Turkish restaurant ever since I chanced upon their FB page.


Moutabel
We started with Moutabel, which is basically a dip made with eggplant, tahini, lemon juice and some herbs and spices.  This was served with some Pita bread.    This was really good and only whetted our appetite for things to come.

Kusbasi, P355
Me and my buddy decided to share a Kusbasi (pronounced as Kush-ba-shi).  2 sticks of grilled beef tenderloin served with a parsley-onion salad on the side and rice.
Pita
We ordered extra pita bread that had a sauce on it that tasted like tomato paste and/or sun dried tomatoes.  This was pretty good especially with beer.  I guess this was the top pick for the night as I think we ordered a few more of these while sipping our beers.

Grilled Tomatoes
Since I love grilled veggies, I ordered a side dish of grilled tomatoes.  This was good but I wished they were grilled a little longer.

Over all, I think Chef Dogan is worth another visit  as there are so many other interesting dishes on the menu that I would love to try out.

Chef Dogan Turkish Grill & Restaurant
221E Katipunan Ave.,
QC
697 9852
Mon - Sun: 11:00 am-2:00 am

No comments:

Post a Comment