Thursday, May 26, 2011

Chuck's Deli


Looking for somewhere to grab a quick meal one evening before heading home, I chanced upon this  well lit, newly opened restaurant at the Eastwood mall called Chuck's Deli.



French Onion Soup, P195

Under the heading of Soothing Soup, I saw that they offered French Onion Soup.  Being a favorite dish of mine,  I of course, will find a place memorable if their soup stands out.  One sip of their French Onion Soup and I was instantly their slave.  The broth was very very flavorful and I couldn't get enough of it.  The heading Soothing Soup was really apt for this as I found the soup to be both soothing and comforting. The only downside was their choice of bread to top the soup with.  I believe they used a white bread that really turned soggy and almost disappeared from the strong flavors of the broth and of the cheese.  Maybe a thick crusty bread would have been a better choice as it would have been able to hold its own against the broth and the cheese.  

The Vegetarian Slabwich,  1/2 slab P185
When it comes to ordering sandwiches in a restaurant, I often lean towards the vegetarian offerings.    I must say, among all the restaurants, delis and coffee shops I've ordered a vegetarian sandwich from,  Chuck's Deli had the crustiest bread.  A 5 inch long (the full slab is 10 inches long)  home-made toasted ciabatta with a filling of grilled herbed veggies- zuchinni, eggplant and tomatoes, served with feta cheese and garlic sauce that is about 1/4 kilo.  This was served on a small chopping board which I thought was a rather brilliant way of serving a sandwich.

Chuck's Deli
G/F Eastwood Mall
451 11 63

Serendra Piazza
BGC, Taguig
576 42 10

www.chucksdeli.com.ph

No comments:

Post a Comment