Monday, December 13, 2010

Craving for Chili's & Classic Confection

Last summer , for reasons I cannot remember, me and my friend May ate at Chili's.  I was craving for  some melon shake since it was a super hot day.  While almost done enjoying my fruit shake- which was really good- I noticed something black floating in it.  At first I thought it was a pit.  I was about to happily comment on how fresh the fruit shake is until I noticed a wing.  Aaack!  There was a big fat fly in my shake!  I immediately rushed to the comfort room and puked my guts out.  Though the management was apologetic and didn't make us pay for our food, traumatized as I was, I never went back.

So when another friend, Laica, texted me one Sunday morning to check if I'm free for lunch, I said sure, I'm free.

To my utter dismay, she was craving for some Chili's Boneless Buffalo Chicken.  As I tried my hardest to dissuade from her foolhardy decision and recommend other restaurants that would have good buffalo wings (including our favorite, Charlie's), she was really craving for Chili's.  And since Laica indulges me when I have my cravings, it was time to return the favor even if I was sure I'd find something else in the food and/or drink that wasn't suppose to be there.

Boneless Buffalo Chicken, to share, P470
*Crispy boneless chicken breast tossed in a spicy wing sauce, combined with blue cheese crumbles, bacon, carrots, tortilla strips and pico de gallo.  Served with ranch dressing on the side and  drizzled with ancho-chile ranch.
In fairness, this was a good dish.  The buffalo chicken was nice and tender with just enough heat.  The salad was also good.   According to Laica, it hit the spot!

Grilled Pork Chops, P420
*Two marinated grilled pork chops served with Chili's rice and Veggies.  The pork was juicy near the bone but dry as you get further from it.


If you have the A card, you get a free green mango shake for a minimum order of P1000.
Green Mango Shake
I got this for free.  My first time to try green mango shake, and no, I didn't like it. Tasted like mangos that are just about to ripen, almost made me want to have some bagoong.  And to my relief, there were no flies or any other creepy crawlies in the drink. Believe me, I checked!

Lunch over we headed to Classic Confection for some dessert.

Laica wanted some cheesecake.
Cheesecake Obsession, P245
It was but apt to order Cheesecake Obsession.

Cafe Mocha, P120
Cappuccino, P110
We also ordered some coffee to go with our dessert.

Lovely desserts on display at the counter.

Cute decorated cookies you can buy.  Perfect for giveaways.


Chili's Bar & Grill
2/F Greenbelt 5
729-3022

Classic Confection
2/F Greenbelt 5
746-2773 ; 0917-5245892

* Food description lifted from chili's menu

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha!!! This article really made my day :) I liked that one with the fly! You should have posted a photo of that!

    ReplyDelete