Friday, December 10, 2010

KFC Double Down

I had so many errands to do yesterday that I didn't even have time to sit down and eat.  I was feeling peckish by mid afternoon, having had only a small breakfast in the morning and no lunch.  So I immediately hit KFC when I passed by their branch in Trinoma.

photo lifted from KFC.com
This is the picture on the advertisements. 

KFC Double Down, P100
This is what I got.

Two boneless chicken fillets sandwiching a couple of  slices of bacon, cheese and mayo.  Love the chicken fillets, very tender and not at all dry. Though I really wish the bacon was crispy. And I didn't really care for the mayo and cheese.  I wonder if KFC can start serving the boneless chicken fillet only and not the stuff in between. 
KFC Double Down comes in 2 varieties: original recipe and grilled.

Here is the nutritional value for the KFC double down, as lifted from their website.



Sandwich Calories Fat (g) Sodium (mg)
KFC Original Recipe® Double Down 540 32 1380
KFC Grilled Double Down 460 23 1430

I don't think this is what Dr. Agatston of the famed South Beach Diet and Dr Atkins meant when they said to skip the bread to avoid the carbs!

1 comment:

  1. Will try it.Looks good but deadly for the diet.

    ReplyDelete